Too excited to wait any longer!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jkmiles_l

New
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey everyone! Just signed up for the site, I wanted to immerse myself in SCUBA info as much as possible before August 24th.

I took the PADI Discover SCUBA course earlier this week, and it's been all I can think about since. Yesterday I couldn't take it anymore, so I went and signed up for the Open Water course! I'm so excited I can barely stand it! And nervous. And a million other feelings all at once.

I'm already feeling bad about constantly bringing the conversion back to SCUBA around my friends and family, so this site is perfect. I'm hoping to meet some people with similar interests that I can learn from, and pick up some tips and advice along the way. So it's nice to meet y'all!

Welcome to the site and it is great you are excited. I am also new. I have only been certified a couple months only have 2 post certification dives so far. If you have not noticed it is not a cheap hobby but a lot of fun. Enjoy your class and learn a lot. If you have not swam much with fins and have access to pool or open water getting some snorkeling in can't hurt.

Everyone has some nervousness at first! That's ok! It's an incredible adventure that you'll be glad you did. That first breath underwater is amazing. I took mine about 12 years ago and still remember it like it was yesterday. Now, as an instructor, I get to watch other people take their first breath underwater and it always puts a smile on my face!

Congratulations on signing up for the class and starting what is a very cool hobby. The planet is 70% water and now you can explore that much more of the Earth. I feel bad for the people who confine themselves to land! Let us know how your progression is going through the class and don't ever hesitate to ask questions. You will find that SB is a wonderful resource and you can ask any question at all without feeling embarrassed. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Enjoy the class :)

I'm already feeling bad about constantly bringing the conversion back to SCUBA around my friends and family, so this site is perfect. I'm hoping to meet some people with similar interests that I can learn from, and pick up some tips and advice along the way. So it's nice to meet y'all!

Hahaha! I feel the same way... Constantly talking about SCUBA to everyone around me.. Thankfully my girlfriend has been certified for a few years so she gets super excited about it too! :) Best of luck to you!

Back
Top Bottom