New to ScubaBoard, going to Gulf Shores in September

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Beth

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi! I'm new to ScubaBoard. I've been Open Water certified for 5 years, & just got my Advanced cert a month ago. Unfortunately, circumstances over the last 5 years haven't allowed me to do much diving. I've got less than 15 dives logged. However, my luck is changing! My husband is getting certified in 2 weeks, & I'll have a willing dive buddy! We are going to Gulf Shores in September, & I'd love to do some shallow dives, but I've never been diving in the ocean, & other than what I learned about it in my Open Water course, I really don't know what to expect, or how to prepare for it. I know there's some shore dives that are supposed to be nice, & wouldn't require the need for a dive op. But, being inexperienced divers, I'm just not sure what we should do. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

howdy and welcome aboard the scuba board......check with your local dive shop for details for the beach dive spot your interested in and perhaps there insight will make you more at ease.

Thank you! I thought I'd check in with one of the dive shops there & see what they say. I love diving, and the quarry diving I've done has been great, but I'm so ready to get in the ocean!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom