Ex Navy Diver new to the recreational dive industry

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Repairs

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All,

I am located on the Gold Coast, Australia and have just finished a ten year career in the Navy as a Clearance Diver (CD). I had to leave the Navy because I injured myself and had two disks taken out of my back and neck.

I can still dive and keep myself active but I am not up to the level required as a CD. I still love diving so I have started a service and repair business on the Gold Coast focusing on scuba equipment. Whilst I have serviced scuba, re-breathers and helmets during my time in the Navy, prior to starting my business I completed various SDI, TDI and TQS courses to ensure I am sufficiently certified. I have also completed various brand service courses authorising me to service their gear (mind you I am noticing there can be a bit of politics involved in getting the authorisation).

For Gold Coast divers I offer a mobile service where I pick up gear and return it on completion of service and those outside the Gold Coast I offer free return postage.

I have been reading through Scubaboard and it has been great to see everyones thoughts, advice and dive experiences. I can see I will be spending a bit of time on here so thought I would introduce myself to the global dive community.

I'd also love to hear if any of you have any thoughts on what services you would like from a business which focuses on the maintenance and repair side of diving.

Cheers!

Dave
Dive Repairs - Scuba Servicing and Repairs - Home Page | Dive Service and Repairs

Best of luck with your new business, and welcome to the world of civilians!
Hope you do well.

Best of luck! I think I saw someone looking for HOG repair tech in Austrailia, may have to send them this link.

Hey Dave, welcome to the board!
Im up in Ipswich but I do a fair bit of diving round the gold coast byron area so I'll have to stop in and say hi! Plus I have just started buying HOG gear so its good to know there's someone close who can service my gear ha
Cheers
Mike

Thank you Tracy, and congratulations on your career in the Army Mam :wink:

---------- Post added July 24th, 2013 at 07:41 AM ----------

Thanks for the warm welcome guys, keep in touch, it would be cool to make some new friends.

Mike feel free to give me a call next time you go for a dive. I have a pretty cool Nautica RIBCAT dive boat which I haven't used to much. I don't know to many people on the coast as my mates are spread out through Sydney and the rest of Australia. It would be good to see how your enjoying the HOG gear to as I am thinking of retailing it. I think it has some great features, it's durable and reasonably priced to.

I have been diving Sea Hornet regs which are only made for the military. They are pretty old school but they get worked pretty hard and are reliable.

Where did you purchase your HOG gear from?

Dave

Dave,
Divegearexpress.com. I usually buy my gear locally from dive shops to support them but there's just some deals online I can't say no too! Divegearexpress is a bit more tekkie then most online dive stores but the prices and service are unreal.
I'll definitely give you a bell when i'm heading out! Hopefully it'll be next weekend (depending on the weather). Love making new friends who have boats :wink: haha
I'll have to drag my dive buddy down to meet you too he's a ex-army diver. Still does the occasional search n recovery dive an is a safety diver for certain events. I'm sure you guys would have a buttload of cools stories.
Mike

Hi Dave,

Welcome to scubaboard and good luck with you business. The website looks really good.

Mike and I often dive together so we'll make a plan next time we're down that way.

Ferris

Hi Ferris, Thanks for the message. Let me know when you guys are keen for a dive. Maybe we could meet for a dive at the Seaway. I have done a few drift dives along the rock wall just before high tide which have been good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom