Hello from Texas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations and welcome to the addiction. Your question is not an easy one to answer. Its kinda like saying "I just got my driver's license, what's the usual cost to rent a car?" It depends what you intend to rent, where you intend to rent it and possibly even when you intend to rent. Start with your LDS then maybe an interweb search for prices at what ever location or resort you plan to dive.

howdy and welcome to scuba-board.........whatever gear cost to rent, you'll still need your life support system.

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Gear rental varies depending on what, where & how long.

Good Luck & Good Diving.

In the Austin area, the prices range from $31 to $48 for a one day rental of a reg, bcd, and tank. Knowing all four of the shops I checked, I wouldn't hesitate to go with the $31. There was one shop that has had "issues".

Before renting, just be sure that you know how to fully check out your rental gear. Have the staff fully assemble the gear and test it to see if there are any obvious problems.

Welcome to diving, have fun and be safe.

If you ever want to try diving Lake Travis, this is the perfect time to do it. Water temps are mid 80's down to 35' and it's entirely possible to get a good dive in without even wearing a wetsuit. If you put on a 3mil you're good to go all the way down to 60'-70' where it's about 65f.

I'm going diving on Saturday at 10am for a 2 tank boat dive. There's room for a couple more divers and the cost is $30. Rent your gear in Houston (est $50) add in some food money and that's $100 plus gas for your cat (maybe another $100 ). Wake up at 4am, hit the road by 5am and you'll be plenty early. Get back to the docks around 3pm, hit the road, eat along the way and you should be home by 8pm or so.

Who runs the boat dives? I can't make it this weekend but would definitely check it out next time.

Robert Weiss, Welcome to Lake Travis Scuba

Let me put it like this, if my wife is having issues about diving or needs a refresher, Robert would be my choice for the job.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom