Hello from Toronto, Canada!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bwwht

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am an AOW diver certified through PADI with 30 dives under my belt. I started late in life (at 32 lol) and have been diving for the last 2 years. I got certified in Jamaica but I really fell in love with diving in the Cenotes of Mexico. I was lucky enough to dive with Leif Meinert who is now with Coconut Divers in Cancun. Anyone who gets the chance has to dive with Leif he got me completely addicted to diving. The next incredible experience I had with diving was in Roatan, Honduras....all I can say is wow! Their reefs are incredible! I got my advanced open water with Ted Anger of Coconut Tree Divers on the West End. I also want to give a shout out to my LDS - Watersports (in Toronto) and Sean. He is incredibly professional and it took a lot of work to finally find a LDS that I could trust. They're great and all my local testing will be done through this shop! I can't say enough of the professional divemasters and instructors I have had. I'm currently a travel agent with eyes on eventually moving down south and getting my divemaster and instructor designations. I'm actually wondering if I can solicit ideas through my fellow forum members on their best way to get your professional designations?

I'm headed on a Blackbeard cruise in November and I can't wait. Actually I'm on the November 9th trip so if you're on it too say hi because we are going to be shipmates! I'm also trying to figure out how to get back down to Cancun and train with Leif to get my cave certification!

Thanks for having this amazing forum and I can't wait to hear everyone's suggestions. All the best.

Brian White

Last edited:
Have Fun w/BlackBeards in Nov.

Welcome Brian! I'm also from Toronto and started the passion for scuba in my 30s. Enjoy the live aboard!!!

Hi Brian, welcome to Scubaboard from another Torontonian. Lots of informative threads on here — some 'entertaining' ones as well. I'm also a Watersports customer, they can introduce you to some of the great diving in Ontario before you move South…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom