OT looking into Diving Rehab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all!
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]
I'm Lara, i'm 25 and from London. I got hooked on Diving when I spent 3 months in Fiji doing some survey work and conservation, a couple of years back, and have continued to dive and progress back home in England. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]However, and I'm sure you hear this a lot, it's just not enough! I am an Occupational Therapist by career, and have a special interest in Neurological Rehab. I have been doing a lot of research about using Diving as a tool to help people in their recovery, and so have decided to quit my job in the NHS and pursue this in any way I can! So the first thing I have to do is gain some more qualifications.[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I just wanted some guidance from anyone in the field already, and also some ideas of where the best place to train is. Now i know everyone is biased, so i'll hunt the forums, but any ideas gratefully received. [/FONT]
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]And if you know anyone working in Scuba Rehabilitation, please put me in touch - eternal gratification will shower you!! I know its big in Ex-serviceman rehab and with PTSD so there must be someone out there!!
Looking forward to hearing from you

Lara [/FONT]:D (hehe love this little guy!)

Back
Top Bottom