Joyful Blessings to SB members; my intro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aquamannz

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Greetings,
I have read SB forum posts in past, this is my initial attempt at membership and becoming more 'vocal' and interactive. I am grateful and thankful of the directness and factual nature by which so many members here post such insightful, guiding and assisting notes.

Obtained PADI OW in Batangas 2011/08. Loved every second sucking on regulator (draining the air bottle at rapid pace), practicing neutral buoyancy, and staring at the ocean natives passing by... I felt fortunate to have an instructor who, although kind and patient, challenged me farther than was needed such that confidence and comfort with equipment and recovery was guided well early on.

Two months after, arranged a trip to Phuket with THE W.I.F., choosing a kiwi-owned dive shop near Chalong pier to obtain the AOW + EANx. Another quality instructor who hammered into me principles and practicalities of safety, conduct, awareness and improving my trim.

Elation continued to overcome inertia with gaining emergency first response card upon return to HK.

I love everything about the scuba diving experience - start to finish. Ever since gaining EFR in early 2012, I have wanted to continue toward 'pro' attainment. Currently pondering how soon I am able to get back to Batangas and meet up with who I believe is the best instructor in RP to gain RD cert.

I am open to suggestions for DM / IDC internship. Whether PADI or SSI does not much matter to me; yet I am attracted to a post by rick00001967 re: Dressel Divers.

I hope to be of assistance and guidance to others on this forum as so many have been to me. Albeit a 'newbie' in the scuba world, I am well traveled around Asia and speak with a native yankee accent.

Oh, for all you Ausi punters, I shall enjoy watching the 2013 AllBlacks crushing the wankabees during the 4-nations this season.

Looking forward to an expansive experience here on SB,

Jay

welcome. the aussies may have a contrary point of view on your Allblacks comment.

Back
Top Bottom