Hello, from Phoenix, Arizona!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DesertDiver80

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been diving about a year and a half, though I travel a lot for work and don't get to dive as much as I'd like. I have 34 dives, just got my deep certification in Belize where I dove The Blue Hole (on a trip with my dive shop with my dive master who I trust implicitly who stayed with me the whole time!), and try to dive Lake Pleasant as often as possible when I'm home. I finish my stress and rescue certification in a week and a half and am looking to do navigation and nitrox, soon.

I will be working in Dallas the next six months and hear there's a dive park there. I think I'll be bringing my gear with me and will look for a dive buddy on this forum to check it out!

i have basic equipment...a Zuma bc, back inflate, which I love, a console dive computer, and aqualung reg. i also have a 3mm and 7mm wetsuit. I will upgrade eventually but refuse to even consider it before 150 - 200 dives, which, at this rate, is a ways away!

Next dive trips will be to Either Thailand or Fiji, (it will be one or the other), in the spring, and somewhere in the Florida keys, August of 2014. I've wanted to dive for about 10 years and am so grateful my job and life has finally allowed me to afford it!

Hello and welcome to Scubaboard DesertDiver80. Super stoked to hear you enjoy diving as much as you do and I think you are creating a nice little dive "career" plan for yourself. Finding a local dive spot helps a lot for dive travel. By keeping yourself in the water throughout the year means you'll make more of trip by being just as comfortable on dive 1 of your holiday as you will be for dive 10+. Good luck finding a great dive buddy in the Dallas area, I wish I had a recommendation but I don't. Hopefully you'll find one who likes to travel and will make the journey west with you for your next dive trip. If you need help with information about diving around Fiji please let us know. Both locations (Thailand and Fiji) are very nice dive areas. Thailand has a lot of fish and some nice coral out in the Similan islands, (where they don't dynamite fish) and good fish life plus it's pretty inexpensive. Fiji is very different from Thailand. Thailand has lots of people and lots of dive boats. In Fiji it is very common to find yourself on the only dive boat on the ocean, so a lot less people underwater. Amazing coral and lots of fish. You can check out our website (can be found in our signature) where we do a daily dive log with photos of what we've been seeing and such. Continue diving and hopefully one days we'll bump into each other on the dive boat.

Cheers,

Welcome from Mesa.
RichH

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Hello! I'm in the Phoenix area,too. I'm not diving for a little while because I have some surgeries coming up but would love to dive with you, maybe next winter. I'm always looking for LP dive buddies.

Back
Top Bottom