Hello all Newbie Here!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtmurph7

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I have been diving for 1 year so I am still new to the diving world. I did my checkout dive in a Quarry in East Tennessee last August and the visibility was AWFUL.. barely 15 feet. There was another couple in front of us and I could barely see our instructors fins. It was that bad.
but, I passed my checkout dive and test and I was CERTIFIED :dance:

Then I got on a plane for a long flight to Okinawa Japan to visit my sister and brother in law.. after a day of rest we went to the dive shop and rented our gear and went for a shore dive in the East China Sea and It was the most AMAZING thing I have ever seen!!!:D I couldn't believe how clear it was WOW what a difference! We did 2 shore dives and a boat dive while I was over there. I was 65ft down looked up and I could see the bottom of the boat.. The fish, coral, plants, everything was just so colorful.. I had a 4' sea snake swim right up to my face scared the crap out of me..

Our second dive spot was Clearwater Fl this past Memorial weekend and it was not near as nice the water was so choppy that I didn't even get to do my second dive. I took Dramamine but was still very nauseous I new if I moved I would be sick so I just laid on the boat and prayed for it to be over.. 4 out of the 8 people on the boat got sick... I did the first dive and once I got down It was good the viability was not near as good as it was in Okinawa it was about 30' it was a plane wreck it was pretty neat. I saw all kinds of neat fish.
I saw a dolphin just before I got in the water but once I got in ti was no where to be found..

I am doing my next dive Labor Day week and I am going to be in Destin FL. Hopefully it will be better than my last dive. I got a new
GoPro Hero 3 can't wait to use it!!!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Back
Top Bottom