New to scuba, PADI vs. SSI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,
hope you are doing great :)

Im a freediver and i have my certification from AIDA, and wanted to start scuba diving and was wondering whats the difference (And whats better) between PADI and SSI?

The reason i ask is because i am also thinking of taking an advanced course in freediving with SSI, and if so, ill be a certified scuba diver from SSI and also have my freediving cert. from there too.

Thank you :)

Regards,
Yehia.

as a PADI and SSI instructor i prefure the PADI route but to be honnest as long as you get a quality instructor and at the end of the day BOTH companies are world wide known the card says you can dive then all is good !
some people on this site will argue that im wrong but PADI is alway seen as being known more world wide and a larger company but at the end of the day its the quality of the instructor and how much effort you put into the course aswell
if you then choose to progress through the ranks you can make the choice as your experience progresses
hope this helps

For basic open water diver, not much difference. The differences tend to come in the later portions depending on how far you plan to progress in scuba diving.

oh ok, didint know that. i think i wont go past the advanced open water course :)

Thank you for ur response :)

---------- Post added August 8th, 2013 at 11:20 AM ----------

as a PADI and SSI instructor i prefure the PADI route but to be honnest as long as you get a quality instructor and at the end of the day BOTH companies are world wide known the card says you can dive then all is good !
some people on this site will argue that im wrong but PADI is alway seen as being known more world wide and a larger company but at the end of the day its the quality of the instructor and how much effort you put into the course aswell
if you then choose to progress through the ranks you can make the choice as your experience progresses
hope this helps

yes thats what i found on their website with all the specialties etc that they have a broader range of courses
icosm14.gif

Thank you for ur response
icosm14.gif
have a good day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom