Hello from Southeast Alaska

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AK Craft

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all. I am a newly PADI Open Water diver as of April this year. I have also completed my drysuit speciality and within the last couple of weeks the Advanced Open Water course.

The only place I have been diving is southeast Alaska. I am having a blast and learning a lot. I can't wait to get caught up on all the past threads and posts.

Thanks for allowing me to participate.

Hi there welcome to the water world SouthEast waters have some great sites to see, and some great buddies to dive with. Where are you located?
Herb
Sitka

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

Ak craft I hear you have a good group of divers in k town I have even thought about tossing the gear in the truck and taking a ferry ride down to check out your area. What are some of the hot spots to dive there. And are there and charters running divers out or any really good shore spots that would make a trip worth it without bringing my boat down

Ak craft I hear you have a good group of divers in k town I have even thought about tossing the gear in the truck and taking a ferry ride down to check out your area. What are some of the hot spots to dive there. And are there and charters running divers out or any really good shore spots that would make a trip worth it without bringing my boat down

There are a lot of great divers in town. I have yet to meet them all. There are a lot of great shore dives. There's a decent sailboat wreck that's around 90 feet at a low tidewater Sunset beach, so around 108'ish at high tide. There's a great wall dive at Mountain Point near the boat launch. The waterfront at the cruise ship docks is pretty good and if you're a bottle diver there have been several found along the front. Cruise ships tend to stir up the debris after they leave port. The dive shop here in town runs some charters but I think you'd have to coordinate with them well in advance. I think you would have plenty of shore dives to keep you busy.

thanks for the Heads up I will PM you if i am able to set up a trip. It sounds like your diving is similar to Sitka being an island there s a dive site everywhere you look

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom