Manitoba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Radi-x

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
New guy in Winnipeg. Got OPW certification in warm water this year. Looking for diving buddies in MB so that I don't jump in a freezing lake by myself. My cat is reluctant to follow. So is my wife.

West Hawk Lake is a nice dive. They have an area flagged off for divers just north of the beach area. There are a series of mini walls and it is a Canadian Shield bottom, so little silt. The viz was great when I was there 20+ feet... It is also a favorite with some dive shops for ow cert dives, so you may meet up with other divers. Have fun.

West hawk is where I dive.
There is also a dive site in clear lake that I would like to try.
Make sure you have at least a 7mm suit for Manitoba. Hood too.

Check out your local dive shop - All of the local Winnipeg shops have groups headed out to West Hawk regularly and there is even a few clubs around they can put you in contact with. Look at the events pages of their websites - some update - some not so much. Most are out on weekends they don't have training going on.

Second Kenny's advice - if you stay above 20 feet you can get away without the gloves and hood, below that - not for very long.

Hi Radi-x welcome to Winnipeg. We have a great dive community here and a lot of the time there's divers looking for buddies.
The Regulators dive club is going to Brainerd Minnesota this week and they do other events throughout the year.
Manitoba underwater counsel is doing their annual Porker derby on September 7 and a beach cleanup on September 21st.
For more information on these events and others you can stop by Diver City SCUBA or check out the events page on their website

Happy Diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom