Just relocated to Tampa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi I am a PADI/NAUI, Master Scuba Diver, Enriched air Nitrox diver, over 10 years have primarily dove the wrecks off of North Carolina coast. Wife got a job offer in Tampa so I jumped at the opportunity to move to FL, where the water is warm year round(comparably to NC anyway). I'm interested in any kind of diving that Fl has to offer. I have dove the Keys, Cozumel, and many rock quarries, I was certified in a quarry with 5-10 feet of visibility so low vis has never been an issue for me. Looking for buddies for diving and recreating on the surface. I have logged well over 100 dives and have as we all do sometimes forgot to log at least that many. Looking forward to exploring Fl, and the Tampa Bay/Clearwater/St Petersburg areas.

Don't forget about the springs..... Come on up, the water's warm (well 72 anyway)... Don't forget about Scuba Board's MEGA DIVE happing the first weekend in November (right before DEMA) at Ginnie Springs....

Ah another Tampa local. Welcome to Scuba Board and hope you like Tampa.

Hi Scubacrazynurse,
I've just relocated to St Petersburg from NYC. I'm much less experienced than you are, but if you ever want to go out for a dive let me know. I'd like to get up to Ginnie Springs, and any other decent caverns that allow Open Water divers. I have some experience in caverns but am not cavern certified.

Are you still a scuba crazy nurse? Are you at Tampa General? If so, look up Chris Mitchell, or as we call him on the Spree "Man Candy" Man Candy was our cook for a couple of years as he put himself through nursing school at University of Tampa, he is now in the ICU at TG. He'll hook you up with some fine liveaboard experience. He gets a discount.... :)

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Good Luck & Good Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom