Hello from Alabama

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
My name is Jessica, and I'm from Alabama. I have a question if you all don't mind helping. I have never scuba dived, and I will be going to Destin, FL in a month so I wanted to try it. I researched two companies in Destin. Which one will be best for a beginner course? I'm leaning towards Scuba Tech, but IDK. Any suggestions?

Thanks for allowing me to post here!

---------- Post added August 11th, 2013 at 02:16 PM ----------

Also, anything I would need to know upfront about diving beforehand since this will be my first time?

since you only have a month before your trip, this may not be possible. but you could do your scuba course if there are any dive shops in your area, and do your check out dive when you're in Destin. If this is a vacation for you you won't have to spend all your time training. You could also do PADI's elearing course online and do your pool, and OW sessions once you get there.

What part of Alabama do you live in Jessica? I live in Tuscaloosa. There are a couple of dive shops in Birmingham you might be able to get your certification through them before you go on your trip. Feel free to shoot me a message and I'd be happy to help any way I can. Welcome to ScubaBoard!

What part of Alabama do you live in Jessica? I live in Tuscaloosa. There are a couple of dive shops in Birmingham you might be able to get your certification through them before you go on your trip. Feel free to shoot me a message and I'd be happy to help any way I can. Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Thank you for the invite. I am in North Alabama near Decatur. I bet Huntsville has a place, but I think the place in Destin has a Discover Scuba Dive class that they conduct at the Destin Jetties. That may be what I have to do since I don't have much time.

Thank you for the invite. I am in North Alabama near Decatur. I bet Huntsville has a place, but I think the place in Destin has a Discover Scuba Dive class that they conduct at the Destin Jetties. That may be what I have to do since I don't have much time.

hi neighbor!

huntsville has a few shops that I know of. Contact/interview these shops to select one that fits you best.

Southeastern Divers, Inc.
Dolphin Aquatics, Home
Madison Quarry and Better Diver SCUBA Training and Equipment

good luck and welcome to the board!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom