looking for somewhere to finish my Divemaster internship, and hopefully surf too :-)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
HI,
I am researching different places to finish of my Divemaster course through an internship (I am interested in Central America, as i will be travelling through there at the end of the year)
I was doing an internship in the Canary Islands in Spain for one month, but was unable to finish it, as my visa ran out.
I am also a keen surfer, so it would be ideal if there was surf close by aswell!
I would be wanting to settle there a couple of months at least, and I would want to feel comfortable and safe, as I am a young female, and will be travelling alone.

if anybody has any tips, or knows of some good places, id really appreciate some advice..
Thanks!! :)

Look into Panama or Costa Rica. Both have good diving and good surfing. While Honduras (Roatan/Utila) or Belize would be good for your DM, neither has much if any surfing. Some friends tried to find a surf spot on Roatan during our dive trip there but didn't find anything. And they weren't expecting much.

Here at Rich Coast Diving in Playas del Coco, we have a great program for Dive master interns! It is a 3 month period where besides finishing the DM course, you will enjoy the deep and the Search & Recovery specialty. We have quite a few young kids in our program so you will make new friends and enjoy different cultures. Coco is a safe and fun little town and close by there are plenty of Surf towns for you to enjoy on your day off. If you are interested, please send me a email for all details. dive@richcoastdiving.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom