New to the boards and need info on my mom's gear to get rid of.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crash72

New
Reaction score
Hello. Unfortunately the only reason I am here is, my mother passed away back in March and she has some gear that I am going thru to get rid of but I havent a clue about this stuff.

First question is where to post the gear I need info on. I didnt see a "sell/buy/trade section" so forgive me for putting it in thr wrong place in here.

First she has a Pro Dive Pro600 1 piece bathing suit styled scuba suit. (not sure what other style to call it)

Next she has a Aqua Lung Sport long sleeve and long leg suit.

Then she has a fairly thick Pro Dive long leg muscle shirt style style with angled knee pads and zip up ankles.

A pair of Deep See dive boots, an Akona dive cap, and Akona Sherwood scuba SR1 regulator.

The last item is a Genesis Scuba Athena BCD

ALL THIS GEAR IS IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE!

Any clue what this stuff may go for these days? Am I dealing with garage sale stuff or is anything worth alittle value? Any options of where to really go to get rid of it?

I know it depends on condition, but I CAN decipher what condition it's in. I also know this stuff was purchased about 5 years ago in New Zealand. She was a doctor and she didnt buy cheap stuff.

We are going to Charleston SC this weekend and I am taking this stuff with us to see what I can get for it in a coastal town.

Sorry about your mom's passing.

You should post gear you want to sell in the classified section of SB. ScubaBoard's Classified Section

Posting pictures of the items you're selling is a good start, include the size as well. Do a search on eBay to see what similar items are selling for online.

The things of value are the Reg and the BC. The exposure gear might have some value depending on condition and if you can find someone it fits. It would help if you can determine sizes, model#'s and thicknesses.

The Athena is a few years old and has been replaced by the Sirena. Here's one that sold in 2010. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...systems/329608-ladies-genesis-athena-bcd.html

A new Sherwood SR1 sells for $600. Sherwood SR1 | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

It may have just recently been discontinued but it's arguably the best reg Sherwood ever produced. There were some service issues with it but I don't recall what they were. Do a search here for Sherwood SR1 for more info. Here's one that sold here 2 months ago.

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/cl...1-excellent-condition-less-than-20-dives.html

Exellent! Thanx guys! I will bounce around the board and Ebay. I just needed a starting point. Its late but I do have plans to post pics.

thanx again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom