Hello from Calgary, Canada.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello fellow aquanauts

I was first introduced to diving on a 9 month South Pacific trip with my not-yet wife in 1991. We got our certificates from a place called Dive Rarotonga in the Cook Islands(sorry, can't remember the name of the Kiwi who owned it, or if he's still around, but he was a portly gent who would hum while diving). It was great, because we were the only two in the class so we got special treatment.

The other great thing was that by the time we got the the Barrier Reef we had about 12 dives under our belts so we were able to go on a live aboard for 4 days instead of learning to dive on the reef on a "cattle boat."

So it's been a long time,and we're going to need to re-certify, but now we will be doing it with our boys. We're planning to do a dive holiday, likely in Asia. I have a few questions on where to go, etc, but I'll save them for a proper thread.

Cheers all.

Welcome!

You will find a very active and thriving dive community in Calgary and the surrounding area.

Feel free to ask.

There are a number of options for training in Calgary. However, I won't claim to be "unbiased" :)

Bill

Hell neighbor, welcome. I'm in Calgary and have also dived Rarotonga. Excited for you and your family.

Welcome to the board......I'm just north of you, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom