Howzit from a Sunny South Africa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dr Baruch

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
To start off with I must mention that this forum kicks salt (a great thing)!

I qualified many years ago and diving has been much like a love affair for me. Started off as a youngster & dragged a girlfriend into the ocean with me. She is still fine :D, married another bloke and as far as I am aware no longer diving. Then dove for a number of great years in Cape Town with a tight bunch of friends. But as lover affairs go, the friends left (mostly overseas, some stayed but sadly fell out of love with diving) and I was the lone ranger yet again :depressed:.

Fast forward about 10 years. Add a wife and a couple kids, a dog and a couple of pounds of weight. The original wetsuit has shrunk, particularly around the waist line (strange that, but almost certainly a latent defect with the wetsuit make:wink:) the other stuff still seems to works fine.

The diver though had a few diving cobwebs. So he deftly planned a midlife crisis:wink: and trundled himself off to Zanzibar & Pemba for a couple of weeks of magic diving. He then came back home, inspired to do some diving in his home turf. Unfortunately no longer living in Cape Town but still on the coast (can't live anywhere but on the coast on this gorgeous planet of ours) of ZA.

So that's me ... Keen to blow bubbles more often & waiting for the kids to grow up so that they can join me & share my passion.

Sorry if I have bored you.

Just wanted to say "Howzit!" and "lekker diving!" And keep this forum kicking salt!

Hey man! Welcome to Scubaboard. You are fortunate to be living neat such interesting waters with all sorts of sharks. I interested in making a few may down there for shark photography. We should stay in touch as we end up diving together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom