Greetings from sunny Orange County

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

goodlife

New
Reaction score
My name is Josh and I have lived in the Orange County area for twenty+ years now. Since living down here I have become a water activity junky. Kayaking, skim boarding, boogie boarding, snorkeling, swimming, and more of the like. I have recently become interested in getting SCUBA certified, however, I am a total noob to SCUBA. Any knowledge I can gain from this board is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Being comfortable in the water is 80 percent of the trick so you ought to have no trouble. Go visit a dive shop and ask questions. Visit Catalina and snorkel and do a discover diving experience. If you find it fun then get certified. I grew up in OC and its a good place to dive tho Catalina is better and more reliable. The bad days for surfing are often good ones for diving so big waves or no waves you are covered.

Welcome to SB.

The good news Josh is that there are lots of friendly ScubaBoarders in SoCal. Check out your local forum to see what's happening: SoCal

As for learning more about scuba, there's lots of great info just for folks like you here: New Divers and Those Considering Diving

We look forward to hearing about your dive adventures.

Welcome aboard and hopefully to the under water world!!!

As "mselenaous" said above...feel free to drop on down to our local forum and join in our fun here: [url]http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/socal/[/URL]
Hope to see you in the water one of these days (or night).:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom