New Diver in Denver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ralph67

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm a diving newbie (certified just this month) with my first dive trip planned for next month in Maui. Hoping to get in lots of dives while I'm there for a little over a week. If you happen to read this, and have any useful recommendations for a Maui dive excursion or other tips, it would be appreciated.

I'm also looking forward to learning lots from others on this forum. I already appreciate that there is a tremendous amount of information available here and lots of experienced divers willing to share what they've learned.

Other than that, I hope to be able to keep my diving skills sharp living in Denver. I don't know how much diving I'll be doing there, but fortunately I travel quite often and hope to get in 2 or 3 dive trips a year.

Cheers!

Ralph

Welcome Ralph!

A fellow Denver newbie here, we (Hubs and I) were certified in 2011 and have been on a couple of dive trip since then, and many pool sessions at LDS. I am hoping to eventually get in some local or local ish diving (Chatfield, Aurora, Blue Hole, NM and surrounding, Crater Lake, etc).

Have a great trip to Maui!

Hi Ralph ans Jen

We also live in the Denver area. We just got back from a bonaire in august we arranged thru our lds. Most colorado divers do much of their diving somewhere else.

As for mauii, what part of the island are you staying at? If in the south there are a lot of good as a shops near kehei. For beginners recommend scuba shack. We did quite a few dives with them.

Enjoy and welcome!

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

If you get up to the mountains, stop in & say Hi.

Have Fun in Maui.

DaveA,

Thanks for the recommendation. We will be staying in Wailea, not far from Kihei. Have heard great things about Molokini Crater as well. Hoping to get out there eventually. Fortunately, I think I'm going to love diving just about anywhere in Hawaii after diving in Aurora Reservoir. :wink:

Ralph

Hi Ralph ans Jen

We also live in the Denver area. We just got back from a bonaire in august we arranged thru our lds. Most colorado divers do much of their diving somewhere else.

As for mauii, what part of the island are you staying at? If in the south there are a lot of good as a shops near kehei. For beginners recommend scuba shack. We did quite a few dives with them.

Enjoy and welcome!

---------- Post added September 23rd, 2013 at 01:33 PM ----------

Greg,

Thanks. The scooter diving looks awesome. May look up your shop while I'm there.

Ralph

Have fun in Maui, viz is alright today. Welcome to scuba board

Greg Walker
Maui Scooter Divers
www.mauiscooterdivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom