Introduction to a Lurker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diving4ever

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've gotten lots of great info from SB over the past 4 years and thought it was time that I actually joined.
I'm planning to dive more frequently in the next few years and I look forward to participating in the discussions.

I'm a vacation diver (warm water only) who thinks the lousiest day of tropical diving is still better than an average day above sea level.
I'm also a fat diver, and I've spent some time learning how to make that work out. I'm happy to answer questions if anyone needs info/resources.

Next trip is to Kona in October and then hopefully Cozumel in the spring.
I like to take pictures using a small sealife 1400 (no strobe); and try really hard not to be an oblivious jerk with a camera while underwater.
I'm also mulling over whether to take the Rescue course.
Most exciting news on the horizon: After taking the Discover Scuba class 4 frickin times and doing 9 discovery dives...my partner is finally getting certified next month. :yeahbaby:

-Melissa

Welcome to the board and diving. I have never done a warm water dive. I never been in a cave or fresh water or ..... I don't understand divers that only dive on vacation. My vacations (well I've only really taken 2) are to go back "home" & although I hooked up with a fellow diver from the board, I didn't dive. My next vaca is to Ireland, but again not really for diving.

The weight issue is weird. Yes there is bias, but I've seen plenty divers having a great time.

I've been on boats with smokers (not weed). Pisses me off but I just move upwind.

I've gotten lots of great advice reading the board. Met great people through the board. So no matter what people want to throw at you just keep diving.

Oh ya ... take rescue! It will make you a much better diver in the long run.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom