New to this forum. Not new to diving.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Just found this forum. Looks like I might be spending some time here. I started diving while in high school in 1978. It was part of a marine biology credit. That was at North Island Secondary in Port McNiel British Columbia, Canada. Over the years I have something like 300 dives. I have been away from diving for the last several years. But I am getting organized to get back into it. Just bought a new dry suit. The old one shrunk in the closet. I hate it when that happens. Reg is getting serviced. Tank hydro'd. That sort of thing. My reg is an oldy. But I have intention of replacing it any time soon. It's a ScubaPro MK5. I'm also getting the tools and reading material to service my own reg. I'm thinking it's not rocket science. We shall see about that.

cheers,

ZWF

Welcome to the Board......Stay warm......And you're right, it isn't rocket science :D !!!!.......

Welcome to SCUBAboard!

Having just rebuilt a MK5, I can confirm no rocket science is required. A surprisingly simple regulator, although the cost of machining one out of a block of brass today would be cost prohibitive. The only part vaguely difficult was replacing the "O" ring buried in the case that seals the shaft of the piston. Check the board archives for a thread about making a "tool" out of a wine bottle cork and a piece of doweling.

People speak very highly of the MK5, just be aware it is an unsealed piston, so I wouldn't recommend it for very cold water, mine was drafted to sit on an Argon bottle.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom