New diver here, it's amazing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

klavender1

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've only got 3 dives under my belt so far. Not counting open water cert dives and including a Peak Performance Buoyancy dive. Just wanted to introduce myself and search this site for some advice on best value for money dive computers. Haha. This is not a cheap hobby! I think I've got some good equipment so far. I just like seeing value for money if that makes sense as I'm not rich. Lol.

Congratulations on your certification!

Glad you found us, and found diving! It's a great sport, but not cheap, as you have realized. A used dive computer may be the way to go...

Unfortunately no matter how much equipment you have, you always need more. I have a stressful job and don't smile much, until I am diving, then I can't stop smiling. Welcome to one of the best recreational sports.

Thanks for the welcome. It all started when a friend of mine bought a Groupon for Open Water and couldn't take it because of knee surgery. So I got it free. Free until I had to buy gear. Haha. I've been borrowing another friend's reg and BCD but have recently acquired my own. Just got a Mares Hybrid BCD and haven't used it yet. Know I'm reading how the weight pockets can fall out. Great. Lol. I will definitely be looking for a used computer. My dive shop is suggesting the Sherwood Amphos for $400. I'm seeing the Mares puck on amazon for $175. $175 is much better that $400. Haha.

Thanks for the welcome. It all started when a friend of mine bought a Groupon for Open Water and couldn't take it because of knee surgery. So I got it free. Free until I had to buy gear. Haha. I've been borrowing another friend's reg and BCD but have recently acquired my own. Just got a Mares Hybrid BCD and haven't used it yet. Know I'm reading how the weight pockets can fall out. Great. Lol. I will definitely be looking for a used computer. My dive shop is suggesting the Sherwood Amphos for $400. I'm seeing the Mares puck on amazon for $175. $175 is much better that $400. Haha.

The puck has a good reputation. As do the Suunto Zoop, and Cressi Leonardo. All can be had used for right around $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

The puck has a good reputation. As do the Suunto Zoop, and Cressi Leonardo. All can be had used for right around $200

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the info! I will check those out as well.

Welcome to the addiction.

This is a fun sport...I also have a stressful job and find that diving is that one thing that can take it all away...love getting on the bottom and doing some fin pivots. :)

It's defiantly not a cheap hobby but can be made affordable. And it's amazing how relaxing it really is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom