wotcha

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drmwc

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello

I've done all my training with PADI so far, and most of my diving has been in hot places. But I've decided to dive more, so I've joined a BSAC club in London.

I have a resuce diver card, but I've decided to do BSAC Sports diver (which is equivalent to rescue diver.) The reason is that there's quite a lot of stuff on the syllabus I've not done, like DSMB and dry suits.

It remains to be seen if I'll like diving in the UK. All my diving has been single tank bimbles: Mainly on air, mainly with aluminiion 12litre cylinders, mainly no-decompression, and mainly above 30 metres.

I've done around 20 dives in semi-drys and quarries here (all my training dives), but I've not yet dived in the sea here. My favourite dives have all featrued huge fish or dolphins or whales, which may be hard to come by in the UK. Diving with seals looks fun, though. (Edited to add a picture of the biggest fish I've seen - at Roca Partida in Mexico.)

Anyway, here a very obsure joke*:

Q: What's an anagram of the Banach Tarski paradox?
A: The Banach Banach Tarski Tarski paradox.

*non-mathemtacians may need google to see why it's a joke.
DSC_0279.jpg

Last edited:
Hello

I've done all my training with PADI so far, and most of my diving has been in hot places. But I've decided to dive more, so I've joined a BSAC club in London.

I have a resuce diver card, but I've decided to do BSAC Sports diver (which is equivalent to rescue diver.) The reason is that there's quite a lot of stuff on the syllabus I've not done, like DSMB and dry suits.
Actually I don’t think PADI see it that way. BSAC accept your PADI Rescue Diver as an equivalence (not equivalent) to Sport Diver. You know you could just do the crossover Dive Leader course which includes the bits you’ve missed out on – e.g. SMB, DSMB, Deco and Site Management. However, you should find the rescue stuff a doddle.

If you find yourself on the Scottish West coast drop me a line and we’ll go diving.

Kind regards

Thanks! I'll let you know if I make it to Scotland - it's a sitinct possiblity. It's probably not a bad idea for me to redo some basic rescue stuff - my PADI course was 5 years ago, and (thankfully) I've not has to use any of it. It's not skills I've paractised, either - my practices at the end of a divve are stuff like out of air drills, not simulated unconsiouness/panic etc.

Thanks! I'll let you know if I make it to Scotland - it's a sitinct possiblity. It's probably not a bad idea for me to redo some basic rescue stuff - my PADI course was 5 years ago, and (thankfully) I've not has to use any of it. It's not skills I've paractised, either - my practices at the end of a divve are stuff like out of air drills, not simulated unconsiouness/panic etc.

If your on FB there is the BSAC South Scotland page here.

Also the training events I run, monthly, here. I've had a few come up from London to finish off lessons.

kind regards

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom