Hello from the tragically land-locked state of Utah!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi. My name is Misty and I am a scuba addict. Well, I wish I could be, anyway. I was apparently switched at birth and was meant to be born in Hawaii or some other beautiful coastal place, but Alas! I adore my family and cannot leave them, so I am confined against my will to a home away from the ocean. :( I manage to dive on vacations--cruises, trips to California (close enough to drive) and have even made it as far as a week in Bonaire (which, BTW, was the Best. Week. Of. My. Life.)

I have decided that I would like to talk to other divers and get to know other people who understand my obsession. My husband does not dive, nor will he ever (he is scared of the water--especially the ocean. But he supports me pursuing my passion, and that's all I can ask.)

My dad dives, and has been my buddy sometimes, but his health is not what it was, and it is unwise for him to dive now.....perhaps ever again, really, and that makes me very sad.

I just wanted to introduce myself to all of you.

Have a great day!

Misty

Hi Misty!

I grew up in an equally landlocked state - Iowa. It never occurred to me that I'd have the opportunity to ski, sail, or dive one day - thank goodness for the Army sending me to Virginia!! Now, if I could only win the lottery, allowing me to play more than to work! Welcome to ScubaBoard; I'm sure we'll "see" eachother around...

Hi Misty, and welcome to scubaboard! My fiancee and I recently got into scuba diving and have become addicted to scuba diving as well. We found a really helpful site (ShoreDiving.com - Your Shore Diving and Snorkeling Web Community!) in addition to scubaboard that makes finding and reading about dive spots easy. We found some dive spots we otherwise wouldn't have thouht of. You might want to check it out, maybe you'll find a place in Utah where you haven't dove yet? Bonaire sounds amazing and is on my "too dive" list. Once again, welcome to scubaboard and enjoy the underwater world!

You may be interested in knowing that many people in neighboring states consider Utah to be a scuba diving Mecca. After all, you have Homestead Crater!

Scroll down to the regional forums and find the Rocky Mountain region forum and have a look around.

Welcome to SB.

As John mentioned above you may want to check out the regional forum. I recognize the photo from a local FB group and know you are intertested in solo, SB has a great deal of solo information.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom