Another that Just Joined

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DameDykker

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi

I'm new to this forum too.

I'm 39 years and is a RD diver. I've been diving for some six years and slowly approaching 200 dives.

I'm situated in Denmark. The last dive was 27th of December in 4 C water.

I'm looking forward to some interesting discussions on this board.

DameDykker

Hello DameDykker,

Welcome aboard DD, how is the diving in Denmark right now? A bit Chilly? I'd love to hear a little about the diving there.

=-)

Tell us more about the diving in Denmark. do you have reefs, wrecks, wierd animals??

Inguiring minds need to know!

DameDykker,

I would like to know more about diving in Denmark myself.

Welcome to the boards! So how cold does it get in your local waters? Does that help preserve any cool wrecks?

Mario :D

Thanks for the nice words from everbody.
I'll give you a few stories about diving in Denmark - probably tomorrow. I'm a bit shot on time right now. have a meeting in 10 minuts.

See you!

damedykker (danish for ladydiver)

To Mario

Last year I spend 2 * one week diving a wooden wreck from 1677. It is laying in 15m of water one hours sail from the coast. The ship is a man of war from Sweden. The captain sank the ship to avoid handing it over to the famous danish asdmiral Niels Juul in 1677. The name is Kalmal Kastel. There are approximately 2 meters left (in hight) of the 40m long ship. We found some 60 cannons, guns and lots of cannon balls. The group is in the progress of measureing everything for the danish national museum and taking a few selected things to the surface.

The reason the ship is well preserved is the water depth and the brackish water which prevent growth of the sea creatures that make wormholes in the wood (name?).

In the summer the water is 14 deg. c and the visibility is around 5m in the open sea. However when cleaning mussels and kelp of the wreck the visibility drops rapidly to 0. The wreck is often filled with small handock which will feed of the mussels we break during cleaning.

More about diving in Denmak later!

DameDykker

DameDyyker, That's the type of diving that gets my blood boiling. I just have to do a dive like that soon! Wow, I'm truly envious... do you have any pictures by any chance?

Mario :D

Hi Mario

Yes, I really like it to! The best thing about it is that the work is realy scientific and the reults are actually used by the real archeologists.

I also spend time diving on stone age sites approximately 6000 b.c. at 1,5m. But more about that later!

DameDykker

And no pictures as I don't take them (wet or dry) and don't own a camera.
DD

Back
Top Bottom