Bubbles, I like making bubbles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Quarrior

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi All,

I'm new here and pretty new to the adventure. Currently I'm in the midst of completing my Open Water certification and will be completing my Advanced Open Water right after that.

My adventure began last November in Nassau and was the culmination of a 40 year dream.

I got hooked and am going to go for as much as I can get. Diving for me is the most relaxing and exciting thing I have ever done. For some reason, I have always enjoyed being underwater. Never really cared for swimming, as in doing laps and going to the beach. But, going underwater, that's a different matter. I feel like I belong there.

My plans for expanding my knowledge and experience are quite varied. I chose to continue on and complete my Advanced Open Water immediately was strictly based on the idea of gaining knowledge, thereby being a safer diver.

If there is anyone in the St Louis area here, feel free to drop me a private message. Maybe we go explore a bit. My wife does not dive and has not expressed an interest in it, so, I'm definately looking for a dive buddy. For you ladies looking for a dive buddy, my wife is not the jealous type, so if you need a buddy, I won't get in trouble for diving with a woman.

Thanks

Brian

BUBBLES BUBBLES BUBBLES.... my bubbles...

Welcome aboard

And welcome to SB. :wavey: Good place to learn, compare, argue. :krach: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

AOW is a good follow up course, but do the Nitrox with it. You'll want both those cards soon enough. I don't think I learned all that much on AOW, but the card is required on some dive trips. A few dozen ocean dives, on the other hand, is where you really start learning. Just keep it safe.

We have so many divers from your area, we probably oughta' have a seperate club, except - where to you dive there?

don
:sly:

DandyDon:
And welcome to SB. :wavey: Good place to learn, compare, argue. :krach: Put us in your Favorites and check in often.

AOW is a good follow up course, but do the Nitrox with it. You'll want both those cards soon enough. I don't think I learned all that much on AOW, but the card is required on some dive trips. A few dozen ocean dives, on the other hand, is where you really start learning. Just keep it safe.

We have so many divers from your area, we probably oughta' have a seperate club, except - where to you dive there?

don
:sly:
There really are a couple of options. 1. Quarry diving. 2. Drive to a spring in FL. 3. Take a plane someplace. That's about it.

welcome aboard. you'll love diving

Hi! I just joined, too. I know what you mean about just loving being down there. It's not really even something you can express to someone else who hasn't tried it.

I just wonder why it took me so long to do that first Discovery dive...

Nudi Lover

brianwl:
There really are a couple of options. 1. Quarry diving. 2. Drive to a spring in FL. 3. Take a plane someplace. That's about it.

Don't forget our lakes. Table Rock and Bull Shoals.

welcome, have fun here

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom