New to Scubaboard - Dive in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi everyone,

I would like to introduce myself as I've just joined Scubaboard. My name is Steve Brady and I live in Cairns, Queensland Australia. I have worked in the Australia Dive Industry for now 12 + years and only recently started my own business and website Dive in Australia provides the right advice on the Australia's best liveaboard dive trips + day dive trips + all levels of dive courses | diveinaustralia.com.au.

My goal is to promote Australia's "must do"dive sites that a lot of people do not know about and help people both Domestic and International visitors get into diving here in Australia. Australia has an incredible number of excellent and varied diving experiences and dive operators which include excellent shipwreck dives, huge ocean kelp forests and the unique, diverse marine life and varied diving environments of the Great Barrier Reef.

I love my diving and keen to get underwater at any opportunity no matter where I am and then share this experience with other divers traveling Australia's coastline.

If I can be of assistance to anyone needing information on the diving here in Australia please don't hesitate to ask me. Steve Brady (Dive in Australia)

Hello Steve,
My wife and I are spending a week in mid-March aboard a live-aboard based out of Cairns. We bought and paid for this trip months ago through our local dive shop, so can't take advantage of your services; sorry about that! We're experienced Caribbean divers, including live-aboards, but never GBR or anywhere else in the Pacific. We have 3 and 5 mil wetsuits but hate the bulk and hassle of traveling with them. We almost always dive in just shorts and t-shirts for two or three dives a day. On a live-aboard, we'll do three to five, probably. Can you advise whether we're likely to need our 3 mil suits? Thank you for any help!
Bob

Welcome to SB!

Look forward to your thoughts and insights on the marketing of diving. I've recently left the "big ad agency" world and started a marketing consultancy focused on the scuba industry.

Be sure to join the Business-to-Business forum here on SB. Several of us are trying to make that forum a bit more vibrant... some new blood should go a long way to helping that effort.

Feel free to PM me and/or connect via social means... noted below.

Best regards.

Ray Purkis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom