Hello from Seattle!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all! I got certified in Seattle in August and have been slowly adding advanced certs. Nitrox, night diving and navigation so far. I've been in love with the ocean (dolphins specifically) since I was a kid, and was happy to finally be able to get scuba certified! Below the surface is, without a doubt, my happy place. I decided to treat myself and am headed to Belize on a dive trip or my 40th birthday in May. SO excited! I would also like to pursue marine conversation with my new skills.

Happy to be here!

Night diving is a very useful certification in Puget Sound! Even in the summer, we often dive in the dark :)

Congratulations on your Belize trip. If this is your first warm water diving, you will revel in how easy it is, compared with what we do.

Welcome! Just got here myself. Interested in what diving is like in Seattle area? I fly there on occasion but never thought about diving there. Might be fun!

Diving in Seattle is great! We have some of the world's easiest entries and a great deal of marine life to look at -- you just have to be willing to deal with cold water and sometimes pretty low visibility (although by the standards of shark tooth divers, we have crystal clear water!).

Indeed, the diving in Puget Sound is surprisingly good. And the visibility tends to be a bit better this time of year. Water temperature is around 50 degrees (plus or minus a couple), so a dry suit is the more comfortable way to go. But the density and diversity of the marine life is pretty amazing,.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds awesome! Low vis not a prob...but 50* I might have to add that dry suit specialty. Then again it's 50* at 50' in the okie lakes and never thought twice about it with a 6 mm.

Welcome!

As you're from Seattle you might find results of yesterday's ScubaSurvey to be of interest:

Pats_To_Win.png

Back
Top Bottom