Hello from North East UK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
United Kingdom, East coast home of the shipwreck.
# of dives
25 - 49
Just thought I would register and say hello ! I was directed here via web browser after looking into pro plugs. (So standby for resurrected equalisation threads)

I am am fairly new to the sport, only qualifying open water about three years back. However had to take a year off after damaging my ear on ascent then having to live with heavy bouts of vertigo for three months :( I am due to do my AOW May this year in Cyprus and want to dive Zenobia, however my ear woes are not completely resolved and yesterday's dives (drysuit course) I struggled to equalises when descending (first dive of the year, ice cold inland water) ........I am obsessed about my ears now..... Hence looking into options for me.

I am lucky enough to live on a section of coast densely populated with wrecked ships, wrecks which span two world wars, some from before, and a smattering after.....something about man made crap on the ocean floor just seems to appeal to me. And it was this that got me into the water ! Plus listening to friends talking about adventures at depth........

Just thought I would register and say hello ! I was directed here via web browser after looking into pro plugs. (So standby for resurrected equalisation threads)

I am am fairly new to the sport, only qualifying open water about three years back. However had to take a year off after damaging my ear on ascent then having to live with heavy bouts of vertigo for three months :( I am due to do my AOW May this year in Cyprus and want to dive Zenobia, however my ear woes are not completely resolved and yesterday's dives (drysuit course) I struggled to equalises when descending (first dive of the year, ice cold inland water) ........I am obsessed about my ears now..... Hence looking into options for me.

I am lucky enough to live on a section of coast densely populated with wrecked ships, wrecks which span two world wars, some from before, and a smattering after.....something about man made crap on the ocean floor just seems to appeal to me. And it was this that got me into the water ! Plus listening to friends talking about adventures at depth........

Hey Bud ! I have a similar problem for years. My left ear drum is damaged by explosion. I use ProEar dive mask and do not have problems with equalization any more. Plus it saves your ears form getting infected and keeps it dry. Last time I used the mask @ 130 feet depth and did have any problem or pain in my eardrum. The best price for it currently @ Seavenger. Go to Pro Ear Mask and check it. Right now it is about $95 US, compare to another websites where it is almost $200 US. If you have any questions , do not hesitate to contact me @ alkorgeology@gmail.com. Get well soon. Cheers, Alex

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom