Scubaboard Newbies Say Hello

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ak470125

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi everyone, my husband and I are new to Scubaboard and I figured I would post a huge hello. We both are Open Water Certified working towards our Advanced. We just came back from Curacao in November and we are taking a last minute trip to Bonaire at the end of the week. I am not sure where one would post (if any) but if anyone is going to Bonaire March 21 to March 28, 2015, let me know. We would love to meet up and go on some dives together.

My wife and I also arrive on March 21st for our second trip to Bonaire. What city are you departing from? I also sent you a pm. :D

Responded to your PM but my computer is picking and choosing what it wants to do today so it may/may not have gone through. I am flying from Ottawa, Ontario and meeting my husband in Atlanta, Georgia then we are taking off from Atlanta. Thankfully its a straight shot and no Miami layover (I really truly detest MIA airport)! It is our first trip to Bonaire and doing it 'alone' without a guide so it will be an adventure :D I so can't wait. Not to mention I am really sick and tired of snow and minus temperatures!!!!

Welcome. I think that after Curacao Bonaire will be pretty easy in some ways. The coastal road runs near the sea along the west coast. so finding & reaching dive sites is quite easy. I've been to Bonaire 8 times. Entries are often more 'challenging' than I hear is the case on Curacao; don't expect sandy beaches. But if you want to cram a lot of shore dives into a week or so, it's one great place to be. Let us know how it goes, and how the 2 compare in your experience. Such comparisons make interesting reading on the forum.

Richard.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom