Nice to be here and meet you from Marietta GA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leoparddog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
I dropped by and decided to sign up. My family and I just got our OWD certs a few weeks ago and as complete newbies I have many questions. Mostly about gear right now. I've already picked up a new set of fins off the For Sale forum and we just bought our BCs and regulator sets last night in preparation for our first dive trip vacation to Tahiti where we going to dive off Moorea and Bora Bora in April.

I showed Mrs Leoparddog the Scubaboard Invasion of Cozumel posts and now she wants to sign up for that trip so we can take our daughter for her first salt water dives this summer.

Its nice to meet everyone, seems like y'all have a nice place here.

Leoparddog, (aka Max)

Welcome and congrats on the certifications.

You will find plenty of inspiration and good advice on Scubaboard, most things have probably already been asked several times, so th research function os a good way to start, but there is no such thing as a stupid question so just ask, and someone will come along and give you considered advice. We all started out once.

Safe diving and have fun - Phil.

You didn't mention what dive shop you bought your gear from, but I like Diver's Supply on Cobb Parkway. Great people, and they sell HOG brand gear, which has gotten a lot of praise here on SB. But moreover, they will let you use their pool any time there is not an instructor signed up to use it--for free, and they'll even let you borrow a tank, for free. My wife and I will go there before a trip to practice our skills or check out new gear we've bought. Their pool policy has done more to persuade me to patronize them than anything else. At this very moment, our regulators are there to receive their annual (eh, more or less) service.

You didn't mention what dive shop you bought your gear from, but I like Diver's Supply on Cobb Parkway. Great people, and they sell HOG brand gear, which has gotten a lot of praise here on SB. But moreover, they will let you use their pool any time there is not an instructor signed up to use it--for free, and they'll even let you borrow a tank, for free. My wife and I will go there before a trip to practice our skills or check out new gear we've bought. Their pool policy has done more to persuade me to patronize them than anything else. At this very moment, our regulators are there to receive their annual (eh, more or less) service.

We got our certifications from The Dive Shop in Marietta, but have visited Diver's Supply several times and like their shop a lot. Q: Is it unusual to get certifications from different Dive Agencies? Our OWD is through SSI, but if I wanted to get my Nitrox cert from Diver's Supply it would be their SDI (I think)

We got our certifications from The Dive Shop in Marietta, but have visited Diver's Supply several times and like their shop a lot. Q: Is it unusual to get certifications from different Dive Agencies? Our OWD is through SSI, but if I wanted to get my Nitrox cert from Diver's Supply it would be their SDI (I think)
Your not locked in to any agency. You can mix and match . I did my OWD AND AVD at Diver Supply but then they where PADI

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom