New(ish) Diver in Seattle

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matao87

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Thought I'd introduce myself after poking around here a few weeks. I am a high school teacher south of Seattle, WA. I live a couple blocks over from the Puget sound and a park popular with divers. Currently my only experience with diving is uncertified dives in the Cayman Islands and Hawaii (3 dives total). I am finally getting around to taking the PADI Open Water class and look forward to getting wet regularly this summer.
I'm sure you'll see me around here in the future.

-Matt

Welcome Matt, you live in a great place to dive. Summer time is although not the best time of year to dive in the Puget Sound it will give you some really good low viz training...:D There are several divers on this forum from up in your area, TSandM, NWGrateful Diver just to name a couple. Both are really cool people and have vast knowledge to share. Good luck in your class and most of all have fun!

Ah, welcome to the addiction . . . Are you close to Saltwater, or Redondo? Both are great dive sites.

Once you are certified, be sure to check out the nwdiveclub.com site. Lots of avid local divers there, so no matter what your schedule, you'll be sure to find buddies.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom