Hello (and gear acquisition plan)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rockne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all!

I'm brand new to this world, having done my confined water stuff just last weekend. We (the GF and I) are doing our OW work in two weeks. I know I'm going to love it (I've wanted to do this for a long time), and am ready to start gearing up. So far, I've done Mask, Fins and Snorkel (all Atomic stuff) - side note: I almost bought this stuff online, but held off just in case it didn't fit, and am glad I did. I was just going to buy the Venom or the Venom framelss, but discovered at the LDS that even without pushing, they compressed HARD right against my eyebrows. I have a "normal" face (or so I thought) and I was very surprised at this really painful discovery (side note over).

So here's the Gear Acquisition plan:

Zeagle BCD (Brigade or Stiletto)
Atomic ST1 Reg/2nd
Atomic SS1 alternate
[COMPUTER]- I'm not sure which one just yet. My GF is really big on safety (makes her a great dive buddy) and understanding the computers beforehand (as proscribed by PADI), so I'm going to get her a Cressi Leonardo so she can get comfortable with it before we dive. I'm comfortable renting one for the first couple of trips until I know enough to know what I want.

On the Regulator Stuff, I've considered the scubapro MK25/A700, but I've actually used atomic stuff in our confined water dives, and I like the concept of the comfort swivel and 2-year service interval.

One question I have is w/re go going "all in" on a tech computer. I doubt I'll ever go into the tech diving world (will definitely do nitrox, though), but it seems to be comparatively priced to other "premium" comps like the Mares and Suuntos.

O.k. rambling over. . . .Hello again!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom