Hello from Singapore!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Musicgirl

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello divers!

I'm a Canadian living in Singapore. I only started diving since living in Asia, so I'm a warm water diver for sure. (Yes, I know every one tells me I'm Canadian, aren't I used to cold?...ha ha...there's a reason I live in Singapore...NO SNOW!!! Though I miss it from time to time)

I admit I wasn't really sure I'd ever want to try diving. I'm not a swimmer. But now I love it...verging on addiction. Anyway, I recently completed my rescue diver and am looking forward to a full summer of diving. Wee! :bounce3:

Nice to meet y'all.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Musicgirl!

I only started diving recently. Was considering a summer vacation somewhere in Asia and going diving there, is Singapore a good place for beginners?

Welcome to Scubaboard! I'm a Singaporean, born and raised, though temporarily out of the country for the next few months and missing the water in landlocked Atlanta.

@Youssef: If you are ever in the region, Singapore is not really a great destination for diving, even most of the dive training in Singapore is done by crossing the border to Malaysian waters because the water is quite murky in Singapore. You could potentially use Singapore as a hop-off point since a few LOBs cast off from here and sail to the South China Sea but those tend to be shorter weekend trips. You should visit Indonesia or Philippines for the best diving in the region though, its hard to really go wrong there.

Welcome to ScubaBoard Musicgirl!

I only started diving recently. Was considering a summer vacation somewhere in Asia and going diving there, is Singapore a good place for beginners?

Hi Youssef. I have to agree with Darren. I've never dived in Singapore waters. I've even had fellow divers talk about how they ascended a dive into oil spills due to the freight shipping surrounding the little island and all their regulators had to be replaced.

This summer I'll be diving in the Philippines. It's my favourite place to dive so far. However, west Thailand was nice (near Koh Lanta) and I loved teh Maldives, if you're looking for a nice destination. I'm really hoping to get to Sabah, Borneo for diving soon too.

@Darren...Nice to meet another Singapore diver. I've been on a couple of the weekend LOB's and love the local dive community. I'm looking forward to more. When you get back here maybe we'll end up diving together. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom