Greetings from Sydney

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey everyone. I've been lurking for a month or so now so I decided to finally make an account. I just completed my open water course here in Sydney and am looking forward to progressing. I want to really work on my buoyancy so I can get into underwater photography.

I'm doing postgraduate studies on Biology/Marine Biology here in Australia, so scuba and underwater photography will be a great compliment to my career if I can develop the proper skills. As an undergraduate I did biology and philosophy. I'm probably a better philosopher, but my heart is in the water, so I often feel like a philosopher thrown overboard into the waters of marine biology. That's where my name comes from.

I first found this forum when reading about the various choice of cameras, housings and photography rigs that everyone has when I was hoping to get an underwater camera for a trip to Heron Island on the Great Barrier Reef. The more I read the more I realised I didn't know enough, so I'm still reading as much as I can, and practising scuba in the meantime.

I'm 25 and with only the open water dives to my name, so I expect I'll continue to do much more reading here than anything else, but I'll contribute where I can. If there are any other Marine Biologists around I'd love to hear what you're doing in your parts of the world.

Cheers! :cheers:

Welcome to Scubaboard! Just completed my OW course as well, and hoping to get into underwater photography on a hobby level. :)

Would you happen to know if it's at all possible to take some sort of postgraduate Marine Biology degree if your undergrad degree is in an unrelated field?

What country are you in and how unrelated?
I think to do my particular masters you needed a Bachelor of Science, but the major didn't have to be in biology. My girlfriend is doing the program with me and she majored in forensic science.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom