Greetings from Toronto!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zoocan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I am a newly certified diver that has been wanting to get to get certified for many years and finally did it. I have been fortunate enough to travel quite a lot and have snorkelled in so many beautiful places. now it is time to enjoy everything from a better angle. Toronto may now be ideal place for diving considering the average water/air temperatures but it is just great to get out there and see what lies beneath.

I have so much to learn and find scubaboard a wealth of information.

Welcome dude, make your way over to the Ontario section for lots of local info. Not too much in the way of shore diving around here but there are plenty of wrecks in the various lakes. If you're feeling adventurous, Kingston and Rockport are great weekend destinations for some great dives. St.Lawrence has some really great shore dives as well.
Here is my channel which has lots of videos of local stuff to give you an idea of what's out there.
https://www.youtube.com/user/scubashawnCDN/videos

Hey, welcome... It never ever occurred to me to actually dive in the GTA, or anywhere in Canada for that matter. But maybe I'll check out the forums and keep up to date. Are Ontario waters worth exploring? Maybe I'll bump into you diving when I'm home for a summer holiday. :)

check out Dan's Dive Shop who's close by, the owner Matt is a great diver and super cool guy, good gear prices too.

No affiliation with them, just know him through cave country and he's pretty close by to you

If you want a great place to practice your skills in an area that remains "ice-free" all year drop by Humber Bay in the west end of Toronto any weekend...there are usually quite a few of us down there. You will meet everyone from newly-minted students on single tank rental gear to hardcore rebreather divers and everyone in between. It is a very inclusive atmosphere :)

Back
Top Bottom