GA mom taking lessons with daughter this summer.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ziora

New
Reaction score
# of dives
I am getting my younger daughter dive lessons for her 21st birthday. She has wanted to be in the ocean since she was about 4. I am taking lessons with her. I seem to be the one more excited and watching every video and wanting to just go go go. I am super excited. I edited my intro because I realized it sounded flaky and I am not good at forum introductions.

Last edited:
Welcome to ScubaBoard!

I think you will find a lot of people on this site who feel the same level of passion you do.

You are extra fortunate to live where you do. I hope your early diving experiences are delightful.

Let us know how it goes!

That sounds like good news to me-----you'll probably ask the question that I asked when certified in '85-ie 'why not 20 years earlier??'....Good luck in your(ya'lls) diving adventure(s).........

You and your daughter can get a head start on the class if you go in to the shop and buy a mask and snorkel. Then you can practice breathing on the snorkel without a mask, and breathing with the mask and snorkel. These are skills that sometimes challenge diving students, so getting them sorted ahead of time gives you a leg up.

Welcome to SB. I finally was able to talk my wife into diving after 4 years. She absolutely loves it now and is watching videos non stop. Best of luck to you and your daughter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom