Abu Dhabi Greetings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Skulmoski

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello

I'm a new diver living in Abu Dhabi. I was introduced to scuba through the TV show "Sea Hunt" in the 1960s. I got a mask and snorkel and learned to use them at the YMCA pool in Regina, Saskatchewan. Later with enough allowance money saved, I got some fins. Then, when I was 16, I took my open water course. This was before BCDs were commonly used so you had to have your weights just right. As a teenager living in Saskatchewan, there was neither much money to travel to dive, nor diving opportunities in the local lakes. My gear started to gather dust until it was eventually sold. Fast forward 37 years and I took up this great activity again with my 10 year old daughter. We did our OW in Koh Toa last year, then visited Sharm El Sheikh for more diving. Scuba has been a great topic to communicate between father and daughter. We look forward to joining the BSAC here in Abu Dhabi next year when she turns 12.

My day job is Program Manager at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Prior to this I was a professor and assistant dean at Zayed University. We have been in Abu Dhabi for almost 14 years and love it here. I am looking forward to meeting more of the Scuba community and to dive. I have been lurking on this board for awhile and I have already greatly enhanced my knowledge and have made informed purchasing decisions as a result of others posting their advice and experiences here within this form. My user name is my last name so you will not see bad behaviour from me and then retreating behind a pseudonym.

Take care all

Greg Skulmoski (GJS)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom