Hello from The Woodlands, Tx.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mark L.

New
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm from The Woodlands, Tx and new to this board and scuba diving. The wife and I just got back from a cruise to Cozumel Mexico. While there I went on a beginners scuba diving excursion. We sat in a 20 minute class and then they strapped the gear on us and we went down 35 ft. for 30 minutes. I fell in love and I'm hooked!! That was the best time I've ever had.

A little background, I'm 44 years old and up until a few years ago I owned an in ground pool. My parents always had one so I grew up swimming before I could walk. I always played in the pool with fins, mask and snorkels. I'm a great swimmers but just never had the opportunity to learn scuba diving. I've also swam quite a bit in lakes as I grew up around them.

Scuba diving has always interested me because my grandfather scuba dived his whole life as far back as I can remember. At 80 he finally hung up his fins and quit. He's 85 now and still wishes he could jump back in his lake LOL! Anyway, My trip to Cozumel and that 30 minutes under water in full gear has me hooked! I found a dive shop/school close to my house and stopped in to speak with them this weekend. They are an SSI shop and eager to sign me up (of course). I haven't committed yet because I wanted to research more on the internet first. That is what brings me to this site.

There seems to be a lot of great info here so I'm going to read as much as I can over the next few day. I'm pretty set on becoming certified so all I have to do is stop back in and sigh up for their class. Until then, see everyone around the site.

Oh and one question, is there any way to find other divers in my local area? I'd like to get some opinions on this dive shop if anyone knows them. Unfortunately I think it's the only one in my area so I have to use them if I want to become certified.

Welcome! I've not been to The Woodlands yet, but my sister recently started a new job there. She is commuting from Kingwood, but will probably relocate soon.

As far as your question, try the Texas specific sub-forum here: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/texas/

howdy and welcome from south Florida...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom