Another Colorado diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

clmeck

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys!

Thanks for accepting me into the community. I've been a diver since my OW cert when I was 12 yrs old. Since then I've been a combat diver in the Marines and I recently got my DM cert in Oahu using the GI Bill. Definitely more scenic diving than in the corps! I'm excited to be a professional now (if only in title, not always in action :eyebrow:).

Cheers!

Chris

Welcome to ScubaBoard and to Colorado!

Scroll down to the regional forums and check out the Rocky Mountain region in the Western United States area.

I just finished working with a student who was using the GI bill as well. He started diving last year and has already finished both his DM and his pre-trimix technical certifications. He is excited about his coming career in Scuba, and it sounds as if you are, too.

---------- Post added May 7th, 2015 at 05:21 PM ----------

I forgot to add that as a DM, you should sign up through your control panel for admission to the Instructor to Instructor forum. You'll find a lot of useful information there.

Thanks for the advice boulderjohn. I've seen your name on many a post and I hope to get more involved in the local dive community and put a face to that name! I'll definitely check out the Rocky Mountain forum and see what cold hole we're diving next! Do you dive locally?

Cheers,

Chris

It depends upon what you mean by locally. Here in Colorado we stretch the normally boundaries of the term. I do dive locally (in Colorado) on occasion, but usually for instructional purposes. I am more likely to dive locally (in New Mexico) both for pleasure and for instruction. It's a 6+ hour drive, but it offers diving we just don't have in the state.

Welcome to SB - there seems to be no shortage of Colorado divers around here!

Best regards,

Ray Purkis

Welcome to ScubaBoard...

You might find diving in either Chatfield or Aurora Res not much better than combat diving. But if you get the chance to dive with BoulderJohn you can learn a lot. I did my Drysuit course with him and my GF did her Open Water. While they were doing their Confined Water Dives I kept sticking my head over the side of the pool to watch John. It was he who exposed me the "Teaching New Divers In A Horizontal Or Diver's Position" methodology instead of strictly teaching from ones knees.

Happy Bubbles,
Oldbear

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

Thanks everyone. What a friendly bunch!

boulderjohn, I grew up in Albuquerque and got my OW cert in Santa Rosa so I have found memories of Blue Hole and the lake. If you ever need assistance with a class, hit me up. I'm free (schedule-wise and monetarily) and eager.

Ray, thanks for the warm welcome. I've heard we have the most divers per capita. I guess when you're land-locked the urge to dive is strong. Diving in NJ sounds cooooold.

Howdy Oldbear. Soon after I EASed, a buddy and I donned our old stiff 7mm farmer johns and dove Lake Navajo (southern CO) in Feb. :shakehead: Even diving for work in San Diego beats the murky chill of a mountain lake!

Thanks, iamrushman. I was looking into using more of my GI Bill for OWSI at Sea Experience there in Ft Lauderdale. Heard of them?

I go to dive in Rock Lake, either with students or for fin of it, several times a year. I usually advertise those plans on the Rocky Mountain Region forum on ScubaBoard.

I go to dive in Rock Lake, either with students or for fin of it, several times a year. I usually advertise those plans on the Rocky Mountain Region forum on ScubaBoard.

Freudian slip?

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom