New scuba diver just have a question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buff74620

New
Reaction score
I just started scuba diving today. Really love it. I just wanted to know if it's normal for your chest to be sore after the first day.

hey WElcome to SB. i really don't know what to say about your problem but someone else on this board will be able to help you. I personally didn't esperience that problem though. Enjoy DIVING!

hi and welcome aboard...

your question might be better answered in the Dive Medicine forum, as we have some excellent M.D.'s on board. I am going to splice your question over there and leave the hello here so folks can say hi.

here is where your question is now:

http://scubaboard.com/t50698.html

:cheeky:

Could be hyperventilation and exertion but best to check with a diving doc. Anyways greetings from Gozo, Malta. And enjoy your diving!

Welcome to the board. I hope you find your answer to the chest soreness questions. For me, I never had any problems. However, with all of the beach diving I have been doing lately in So Cal, I now have calves of steel! ROTFLOL Not sure if that is good, or bad.

And welcome to SB!! :happywave Put us in your favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue:

Chest soreness? Beats me? Are you in good shape...? Might have pulled muscles climbing out of the water with all that gear? Or, if may be something important. Good that Andy spliced it to the Med Forum.

don
:D

Buff,

Welcome to the board and welcome to diving.

Please describe your pain and location more clearly.

Perhaps it's as simple as your BC or a strap pushing something into your chest and creating a bruise.

Couldn't tell by your profile if you were a woman or man. Sometimes the underwire of a bra or bathing suit can get pushed into one's chest and cause some lasting pain.

But, it could be something much different and more serious.

Paula

Maybe a wetsuit which was too tight? I dunno. Could be as simple as that... squeeze problem. Anyway, welcome on board. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom