hi from pennsylvania

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

95neonacr

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone, I'm a newly certified open water diver as of November 2014. I have 5 dives completed at the local river. Depth of 30 feet. Would like to dive more but my dive buddy lost interest.

welcome to Scubaboard and the world of diving!

It's pretty typical for people to start scuba and then lose interest. Especially if your local diving is limited. We're spoiled here on Florida's Treasure Coast. I literally have diving across the street and several world class dive experiences are within an hour or so of my front door.

So the thing to do is to move to Florida! Otherwise, my suggestion is look for a dive club in your area. A local dive shop my know of nearby clubs. Dive clubs should have dive trips and events and a cadre of people who dive on a regular basis.

Diving is a great activity and good dive buddies are friends for life!

You are only 2.5 hours from Dutch Springs. Loads of people and classes dive there and you can find buddies on this site.

howdy and welcome from south Florida....

Hi everyone, I'm a newly certified open water diver as of November 2014. I have 5 dives completed at the local river. Depth of 30 feet. Would like to dive more but my dive buddy lost interest.

My primary residence has been Philadelphia since 1988. I have never dived Dutch Springs and have no plans to do so. You have great access to SE FL and the Caribbean. I would suggest pursuing these opportunities. So many choices, PM me if you would like specific recommendations.

You have a few options, as suggested Dutch Springs is close for you, get yourself an annual pass to Dutch springs also, this way you can go there, and get as much diving you can for their season.
I am located on the other side of PA(western PA) so for me I drive to Gilboa quarry.

Welcome to Scuba Board 95neonacr! I have had several dive buddies lose interest in going diving. The answer is in my signature! SingleDivers.com is for the buddyless diver. They cater to people like us who do not have a dive buddy. As sheeper mentions, there may be a local dive shop that may have a dive club. Let me know if I can be of any help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom