Hello from Tennessee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mud Diver

Registered
Reaction score
I would have posted sooner but I had a lot of trouble getting my account verified. Spam Filters can get in the way sometimes. Anyway, I do a lot of diving in the TN River here in Chattanooga, mainly rummaging about looking for old bottles.

Jason Giles

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

:D

Ahoy there Mud Diver! Welcome to the board!! Feel free to jump in anywhere and ask questions or just leave your 2psi. :D You may be intersted in the Scuba Board Clubs section of the board. There you can find clubs in all the major states/regions represented, coordinate meeting up for dives, getting together, trips around the state to different dive sites, and some general prattle about diving.

Another forum that may interest you is The Art of Scuba Diving. Under that heading you'll find New to Scuba, Dive into Fitness, Public Safety and many more that as you become involed with the sport may or may not interest you depending upon where your intersts grow.

Personally, I do a little rummaging aorund when I dive to. Sometimes I find neat things, but I've only found one bottle worth bringing home. Its one of the old 8oz coke bottles. b

Most importantly, have fun and don't feel shy to ask questions! :D

You are going to be so glad you found this board. I have been diving for 15 years, yet have learned so much in the short time I have been on SB.

Welcome to SB!

K

This board is awesome, I've already had several of my questions answered here. I'm looking forward to diving in (no pun intended, well maybe a little) and learning new stuff!

anyone know of diving thropughtout the state of TN

beachdivequeenbelam:
anyone know of diving thropughtout the state of TN

There are a couple of Quarries in the southeast area, one in Athens TN http://www.lochlow-minn.com that isn't too bad, we had about 50' viz in March but it was pretty cold. There is another quarry in Philadelphia, TN, but I haven't gone to that one yet. That is all I know of in the Southeast portion of TN other than the river. In Chatt we have Chickamauga lake but it is essentially 0 viz.

Mud Diver:
There are a couple of Quarries in the southeast area, one in Athens TN http://www.lochlow-minn.com that isn't too bad, we had about 50' viz in March but it was pretty cold. There is another quarry in Philadelphia, TN, but I haven't gone to that one yet. That is all I know of in the Southeast portion of TN other than the river. In Chatt we have Chickamauga lake but it is essentially 0 viz.
thanks I am going diving somewhere this weekend for diving

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom