Greetings from Mass

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divinjames

Reaction score
Hello,

Do people really read these things??? Anyway, my name is James, and I dive mostly out at Cape Ann. Dive about every weekend I'm in town.

I am also trying to get my fiance out diving in our beautiful waters. She came scalloping with me yesterday (boat ride only) and is starting to warm up to the idea. Her coldest dive was with me in the keys and it was 70 degrees F.

Also, she is paraplegic - if anyone knows any good disabled scuba instructors in New England I'd love to sign her up for a class. It'd be a great way to ease into the cold.

By the way I bagged about 60 awesome scallops yesterday. My hands are pretty cut up from shucking... :wink:

James

Yes we actually read these things. Now I do know that if you do a search on this board you will find information that may assist your fiance with getting in the water. I know there are alot of divers who assist with people who are challenged in one way or another and I seem to remember a diver on this board who is also disabled but for the life of me I can't remember exactly what his/her disablility is. Welcome and let me see what I can find.

hi divinjames,
if you read this reply you might want to give don stephens a call at atlantic aqua dive shop in rye, n.h. or you can go to atlanticaquasport.com for his web site and see if he can help you. he really is a very caring person and if he can't help you most likely he will put you in touch with some one who can. good luck and if any time you ever want to hook up give me a holler

We love scallops on this board!
Welcome! Be sure to add your recipes in the recipe sub forum of Non diving.
Thanks!
:balloon

Hello James and welcome to Scubaboard.

In addition to doing some research on this site, you might also want to check out the Handicapped Scuba Association for a list of instructors in your area.

One of the dive shops in my area has all of their instructors certified through this agency (as well as PADI, of course). A great organization for the needs of divers with extra physical challenges.

Thanks to everyone for the tips! I did check out the HSA and there's a few people listed I will be in contact with.

Also - I don't know why anyone needs a recipie for scallops - there is no finer prep than a quick sautee in butter with a little garlic sliced up (not chopped - burns too fast)! LOL - I'll check out the recipe board when I get a chance...

Welcome Aboard!!!!

Yes, we read these. We like to welcome people and make them feel they are wanted.

Becareful, it's addictive. Who cares.

Good friends and good info, what could be better??????

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom