North Sea Bubble Maker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andy Smith

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to the Scuba world or just about!

Introductions......Hi I am a qualified PADI aowd who is enjoying all nature can show me in the underwater world. I have done 20+ logged dives and I am completely hooked.

My first dive was in mexico, in a part of the reef off of cozumel
.I was at first sea sick which I thought was not a good omen (I put full blame on the previous nights tequilla exploration) but once underwater with all that viz and all those bueatiful fish swimming around the coral reef I no longer felt ill. It was one of the most breathtaking events I have been involved in. The dive blew me away and I was hooked but nothing prepared me for the bueatiful waters of home in Scotland. The 1 foot of viz,the 5 degree water temperature, the chipping ice off of my nose when exiting and not forgetting the very large and friendly looking Moray eels....................Only joking the diving here is just as good but I don't advise wearing a 2mm shortie or worse still just a rash vest!

I am currently changing the system of how I dive to the safer DIR system which is starting to get alot more coverage over here. I plan on becoming a PADI instructor within the next couple of years and I also plan on becoming more techie orientated. I am extremely lucky to have some of the best wreck sites in the world on my doorstep and plan to visit them all soon especially Scapa Flow.

Well I think I have rabbited on far too much and will say my goodbyes.

Goodbye for now Andy.​

Andy Smith:
Hello to the Scuba world or just about!

Introductions......Hi I am a qualified PADI aowd who is enjoying all nature can show me in the underwater world. I have done 20+ logged dives and I am completely hooked.

My first dive was in mexico, in a part of the reef off of cozumel
.I was at first sea sick which I thought was not a good omen (I put full blame on the previous nights tequilla exploration) but once underwater with all that viz and all those bueatiful fish swimming around the coral reef I no longer felt ill. It was one of the most breathtaking events I have been involved in. The dive blew me away and I was hooked but nothing prepared me for the bueatiful waters of home in Scotland. The 1 foot of viz,the 5 degree water temperature, the chipping ice off of my nose when exiting and not forgetting the very large and friendly looking Moray eels....................Only joking the diving here is just as good but I don't advise wearing a 2mm shortie or worse still just a rash vest!

I am currently changing the system of how I dive to the safer DIR system which is starting to get alot more coverage over here. I plan on becoming a PADI instructor within the next couple of years and I also plan on becoming more techie orientated. I am extremely lucky to have some of the best wreck sites in the world on my doorstep and plan to visit them all soon especially Scapa Flow.

Well I think I have rabbited on far too much and will say my goodbyes.

Goodbye for now Andy.​

and welcome to the board one small point cross out Moray eel and insert Conger eel. Lots of them in the home waters thats one of the things I miss now in the US

welcome to the board, Andy

Andy

Cheers guys I feel welcome now and cheers cdiver2 for pointing out the obvious mistake about the moray/conger eel I placed in on purpose for the sharkeyed amongst you............................Duh do I feel stupid!

Andy Smith:
Cheers guys I feel welcome now and cheers cdiver2 for pointing out the obvious mistake about the moray/conger eel I placed in on purpose for the sharkeyed amongst you............................Duh do I feel stupid!

Could not stop laughing with a line like that you will fit right in on the board :wink:

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom