Battery change on Uwatec Aladin Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leadball:
Hey! Anybody know how to open the case and change the battery on a 1996 vintage Uwatec Aladin Pro?
Yeah, you have to take the damn thing to the LDS. Sucks. I made the mistake of buying one too.

Or you can send it back to Scuba Pro yourself. Not only will they change the battery but they will run a full diagnostic on your computer.

Oh yeah, Welcome to the board!

Joe

brianwl:
Yeah, you have to take the damn thing to the LDS. Sucks. I made the mistake of buying one too.
Roger on the LDS. I have been using aladin Pros for 14 years. You can change the battery for $3.00 on the old ones if you know where to get them. Someone must know how to do the new ones. Thanks anyway!

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

Ask anything - in the appropriate forum, and we'll make up an answer...

don

:D

Roger on the LDS. I have been using aladin Pros for 14 years. You can change the battery for $3.00 on the old ones if you know where to get them. Someone must know how to do the new ones. Thanks anyway!

hi ...i just got an aladin pro but i cant find a manual 4 it anywhere:shocked2:
do u know where i can find one?

My Aladin Pro is the Oil filled type and I've gotten as far as removing the back.
I pried up the sides to unhook it from the computer. Do it carefully so as to not break it.
Inside the back is the diaphram. Sealed and glue to the back. On one end is a bump that I assume is the battery. One place said that they used mineral oil from the drug store to refill
with. I'm more leaning to 3 in one oil.

The manual is available at the ScubaPro web site.
http://www.scubapro.com/media/4d7626e5-f4a6-4fa4-816d-b3f4b0bc4cf8-aladin_pro_englisch.pdf

Check this site out also.
mkotva.cz/UW_comp/AAir_x_open_en.htm

More later.

It is really easy process, I did made video with instructions for youtube but I don’t like the quality of the video,so next time I will make good video with instructions and post it on youtube

And yes you can use any mineral oil

It is really easy process, I did made video with instructions for youtube but I don’t like the quality of the video,so next time I will make good video with instructions and post it on youtube

And yes you can use any mineral oil

Any chance to see your video with the poor quality? interested in seeing how hard the process is.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom