Newbie from Cape Canaveral, FL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nlavoie

New
Reaction score
I just had to start scuba diving. I've love snorkelling many places but just needed more.... and the technical end is very interesting too.
I bought the basics and now I'm thinking of a dive computer.... hmmm They come in all shapes and sizes with and without bells and whistles. I'll keep my ear to ebay.com too. Is there a buy and sell here too? I couldn't see it on my first dive (?) into this web site.

We'll be talking on the wires

Norm

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

When you get a puter, get Nitrox!! You'll be glad you did.

Here's a link to our trading post: http://www.scubaboard.com/f220.html

But I like warranties; here's where I got my last puter: http://s1059kxm.leisurepro.com/webapp/commerce/command/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=41373&prmenbr=946

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

welcome aboard

make sure you drop by the Florida Conch Divers forum. we've usually got a dive trip
or three going, and buddies are a dime a dozen... er... that didn't sound right

:eyebrow:

welcome aboard!

paul

To the boards.....Like mentioned before keep us in your favorites and check in often. You'll always have an answer to any questions and a dive buddy here on Scuba Board.

Wildbill:cop_2:

welcome to the board..... I have a MARES MC1-rgbm computer. Some folks have had a lot of trouble getting it to link via infrared to their computers. I haven't ...

The only complaint I have is that you really have to press hard on the MODE push buttons and that seems to be common.

Have fun on the board.

BM-O

Welcome to the sport and to the board. I might suggest getting together with a few divers and talking about their computers face to face. It's really easy to spend a boatload of cash if you get carried away on equipment purchases too early.

That being said, you might want to check out Rodale's Scuba Diving's web site for their annual buyer's guide. I think it's at www.scubadiving.com. I think Undercurrent also reviewed computers recently at www.undercurrent.org.

For the record, I have a little TUSA IQ-600 computer that I bought when I got certified, and I've been very happy with it. I might suggest that you make sure that any computer you buy is nitrox capable, because Nitrox certification is something that you might find useful as you progress as a diver.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Back
Top Bottom