1st dive since certified

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello All, just found this site today. Live in the Toledo,OH area. Made some stupid mistakes on first dive since I got certified, but hopefully not too serious. First mistake, trust that the experienced divers your with will take you on and make sure that you got it right. Trust no one but yourself. Second mistake, clear your ears, clear your ears, clear your ears! BEFORE YOU NEED TOO!
Hard lesson learned. My ears hurt slightly, feels like I need to keep popping them (24 hours after dive).
DO-surface slowly, don't worry about keeping up with everyone else, follow the guidelines, not the group, no matter how experienced they are
DON'T-let other people mess with your equipment, you can ask for all the help and advice, but you be the one to make the adjustments
DO-discuss in detail the dive plan, where your going, how long you will be down, and when you need to turn back

Looking for a group to dive with in Toledo.

Thanks,
Lakeeriebum

Sounds like you had a good first dive. It's funny how those lessons keep coming back to you, dive after dive after dive.

Welcome to the board and welcome to the world of diving.

Best wishes and safe ascents,
Grier

Lakeiriebum,

Welcome to SCUBAboard and the world of diving. You'll never regret your decision to get certified.

Come on over to the Great Lakes Wrecking Crew forum under the clubs section. You'll find lots of divers in your area to buddy up with.

Looking forward to seeing you in a quarry.
Paula

Welcome to the board!

Joe

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

Thanks for the note. I will check out the wreck site.
Lorrie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom