New Diver in Southern California

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

newtodive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi, I am a new diver in Southern California. Looking for diving experience in Southern California. I heard that there is not much to see here, is that right?

Nice to meet you all. I am a Malaysian, couldn't wait to go back to my home country for diving!

newtodive:
Hi, I am a new diver in Southern California. Looking for diving experience in Southern California. I heard that there is not much to here, is that right?

Nice to meet you all. I am a Malaysian, couldn't wait to go bakc to my home country for diving!
Not much here? Read the report on Santa Barbara Island and Farnsworth Bank ( a few entries before yours ) for vivid description of some of the best diving in the world.
Anyhow, welcome aboard and enjoy Scuba Board.
Don

Having lived and dived in SoCal for 35 years, I have to say there is plenty of diving to be done in this region. Of course it will not involve the warm waters and high diversity of your home country! I was in KL three years ago on my way from diving Thailand to Australia. Wish I had given myself enough time to do some diving in Malaysia.

You might look for the monthly Wrinkles dives here in SoCal. That would give you a way to meet other divers in the area. I think the next one is July 10th out here on Catalina.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Doc

Not much to see there? I've flown out there twice just to dive. I doubt that you heard that from a diver...

Howdy!

Welcome to SB!!
:happywave Put us in your computer's favorites and check in often. This is a great place to learn, compare, argue :argue: Look around our various forums - everything from New-To-Scuba to Instructors-Only to Dive Medicine.

don

BTW - Did you set up your Profile, as suggested here: http://www.scubaboard.com/t60416.html I update mine after every trip.

:D

drbill:
You might look for the monthly Wrinkles dives here in SoCal. That would give you a way to meet other divers in the area. I think the next one is July 10th out here on Catalina.

Welcome to ScubaBoard!

Doc

I'm with Dr. B on this one.. The Wrinkles dives sound like a great idea. I've never had the pleasure of meeting that bunch but they sound like a fun group based on their posts. I'll have to make one of those dives someday. And who knows? Maybe that mad Texan Dandy Don will show up. Man that guy gets around...

Welcome to the board!

I think you'll find plenty to see here in SoCal and lots of people to see it with here on ScubaBoard.

Christian

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom